Global Business Programs has created these certificate programs in partnership with the Connecticut District Export Council to promote knowledge about exporting to students who may wish to have this additional skill for their résumés and potential internships. In a global economy, knowledge of exporting logistics and compliance is crucial for businesses of all sizes, as 95% of all consumers live outside the U.S. Achieving one or more of these certificates will help prepare students to assist an SME (Small to Medium size Enterprise) to begin or expand their exporting capabilities.
The program is open to any UConn student and runs until March 31, 2021. To participate, please email email@example.com. Once you have contacted Global Business Programs, you may begin any of the certificate programs listed below. “How to Earn a Certificate” provides the necessary steps.
Export Compliance I introduces specific topics in Export Compliance, including BIS, OFAC, Cybersecurity IT, etc. It explores special considerations for exporting to China, export controls at trade shows, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and more.
How to Earn a Certificate
- Anthony Sargis – U.S. Dept of Commerce
- Jose Abrantes – Export Compliance Officer for OFS
- Samuel Chaney – FedEx Trade Networks Transport & Brokerage
- Jenny Norris – Meridian Financial Group and Exim Bank
After viewing the film, you must take the "Made in America" quiz.
3. View Your Program Webinars
- U.S. Commercial Service
- The Export Process Overview
- Are You Ready to Export?
- My Export Plan
- Researching the Global Marketplace
- Selecting Initial Markets
- Can I Export My Products? - Compliance intro
- Foreign Import Regulations
- Export Counseling
- Selling Products Internationally
- Finding Foreign Buyers: Part 1
- Finding Foreign Buyers: Part 2 - Trade Shows
- Finding Foreign Buyers: Part 3 - Trade missions
- Finding Foreign Buyers: Part 4 - e-commerce
- Is Your Company Export Ready?
- Methods of Payment
- Financing Export Transactions
- Payment Terms
- Working with an Exim Registered Broker
- Working Capital Loan Overview
- Service Providers are Exporters Too
- SBA Export Financing
- Global Risk Management
- Letter of Credit Bootcamp
Webinar choices are: