Registration FAQs

Registration for the following semester for continuing students begins the ninth week of class. Check the Academic Calendar for the specific dates as well as details on summer and winter enrollment, withdrawal deadlines, and other important dates.

Quick Registration Checklist:

  • Check the Academic Calendar and make note of all important term dates.
  • Check if you have any holds on your account and resolve them ASAP, prior to the start of registration.
  • Check your specific enrollment appointment (aka "pick time") in StudentAdmin - this is determined by how many credits you have completed, and assigned by the Registrar's Office.
  • Check your remaining requirements by completing a self-audit.
  • You may or may not need to complete required advising through the School of Business before you can register for courses. Generally, students with required advising will have an "Advising Hold" in StudentAdmin. Regularly check your UConn email, follow provided instructions, and schedule an advising appointment if required.
  • Prepare for your pick time, and use provided resources (the Catalog, our Registration FAQsDrop-In Advising Hours, even Google) if you have questions.

Below you will find answers to some of the most common questions students have when they are registering for classes. Please note, further tutorials about how to use the various class search, course planning, and enrollment tools in StudentAdmin can be found on the StudentAdmin Help page.

Before Registration: Planning and Using StudentAdmin

During Registration: When You Encounter Issues

After Registration: Tips and Tricks and Future Planning