Business Data Analytics
Data are a new economic asset of the 21st century that touches all aspects of the society. Business Data Analytics Program provides a business degree with a special emphasis in the application of data analytics to business problems. Students will acquire a set of practical data analytics skills including understanding patterns in data, applying analytical frameworks, constructing predictive models, analyzing social networks and discovering hidden relationships in data. Students will learn how to present data using modern visualization techniques, and will get acquainted with the state of the art data analytics software.
Students who major in Business Data Analytics are eligible to apply to the 4+1 Analytics Track within the Master of Science in Business Analytics and Project Management (MSBAPM) Program.
The Business Data Analytics major is available to students at the Hartford, Stamford, and Waterbury Campuses.
- Practical data analytics
- Problem-solving and data interpretation
- Modern visualization techniques
- Quantitative analysis
- Constructing predictive models
- Understanding of social networks and pattern discovery
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Stamford Business Data Analytics Club, Hartford Business Society, and Waterbury Business Society
- Earn your Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- Participate in a Case Competition
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- Learn more about the School of Business Experience to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are BDA majors engaging with?
In a 2019 survey of Business Data Analytics students, when asked what opportunities had the strongest impact on their development of professional skills:
Business Data Analytics is for You
If you're interested in:
- storytelling and data visualization
- project management
- statistics and mathematics
and if you possess the intellectual curiosity to ask questions, find answers, and insights from data.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in BDA
Apply to Business Data Analytics
Zalan Mumtaz (Business Data Analytics, Harford Campus, '20)
“You have the ability to come up with conclusions and accurate decisions for an array of industries. From healthcare to sports, data analytics helps make use of information to gain business intelligence.”