Business Data Analytics
Data are a new economic asset of the 21st century that touches all aspects of the society. Business Data Analytics Program provides a business degree with a special emphasis in the application of data analytics to business problems. Students will acquire a set of practical data analytics skills including understanding patterns in data, applying analytical frameworks, constructing predictive models, analyzing social networks and discovering hidden relationships in data. Students will learn how to present data using modern visualization techniques, and will get acquainted with the state of the art data analytics software.
Students who major in Business Data Analytics are eligible to apply to the 4+1 Analytics Track within the Master of Science in Business Analytics and Project Management (MSBAPM) Program.
The Business Data Analytics major is available to students at the Hartford, Stamford, and Waterbury Campuses.
- Practical data analytics
- Problem-solving and data interpretation
- Modern visualization techniques
- Quantitative analysis
- Constructing predictive models
- Understanding of social networks and pattern discovery
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Stamford Business Data Analytics Club, Hartford Business Society, and Waterbury Business Society
- Earn your Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- Participate in a Case Competition
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- Learn more about the School of Business Experience to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are BDA majors engaging with?
In a 2019 survey of Business Data Analytics students, when asked what opportunities had the strongest impact on their development of professional skills:
Business Data Analytics is for You
If you're interested in:
- storytelling and data visualization
- project management
- statistics and mathematics
and if you possess the intellectual curiosity to ask questions, find answers, and insights from data.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in BDA
- 11/20/2019: Data Analytics: The Newest Tool of Aquaponic Agriculture
- 7/3/2019: UConn Takes 3rd Place in Global Analytics Challenge
- 4/9/2019: ‘Wellness Points’ Plan Wins Campus Competition
- 2/28/2019: Supplier Optimization Key to Manufacturer Success
- 2/16/2019: Hannah Bonitz ’19: Applying Analytics For Social Good
Apply to Business Data Analytics
Deepa Naraine (Business Data Analytics, Hartford Campus, '20)
“While working in Business Insurance Marketing [at Travelers], I’ve had the responsibility of compiling metrics for our marketing assets, which provides the team with insight on how our campaigns are performing on Travelers digital spaces. I’ve also had the opportunity to create social post ideas that agents can utilize on their social media platforms and perform SEO research for new campaigns. My experience in analyzing data to support marketing initiatives has provided me with great exposure to SEO tools, business use cases, and modern analytics practices.”