Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The UConn School of Business Center for Real Estate is a top program for real estate research and is regularly ranked among the top 10 real estate programs in the U.S. Its impressive academic credentials are matched by a strong emphasis on real-world problem solving, and our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. The Center for Real Estate offers scholarship opportunities, resume book and job opportunities, and industry and student networking through the Real Estate Society field trips. The Center functions as an academic partner to the real estate industry. Many UConn Real Estate students begin their professional careers as interns, placed with the Center's assistance. Real estate professionals and alumni support the Center by sponsoring events and providing scholarships. Firms recruit graduating students for positions in real estate acquisitions, analysis, appraisal, development, dispositions, investment, research, and valuation.
The Real Estate and Urban Economics major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
You will take classes like:
- Real Estate Principles
- Real Estate Investments
- Real Estate Finance
- Commercial Real Estate Appraisal
- Real Estate Law
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Real Estate Society, Investors Club, and Finance Society.
- Earn your Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- Apply for the Student Managed Fund and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- Participate in a Real Estate internship: Since 1972, the Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies (the Center) at the University of Connecticut has sponsored the Real Estate Intern Program. It is an integral part of the academic program offered to students concentrating in real estate and finance.
- Learn more about the School of Business Experience to see even more opportunities
Real Estate is for You
If you're interested in:
- Commercial real estate
- Finance and economics
- Insurance and real estate appraisal
- Property management
and you want to learn from internationally-recognized faculty as you prepare to work in a dynamic and challenging field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Real Estate
- 10/1/2020: Two Months From Graduation, Xavier Cole ’20 (BUS) Says: ‘Make Excuses, Or Make It Happen’
- 6/22/2020: UConn Researchers Study Whether Reliable Public Transit Improves Substance-Use Treatment
- 9/6/2019: Professor John Clapp Researches Plans for Vacant Retail
- 4/30/2019: Real Estate Center Hosts Annual Celebration
- 4/3/2019: Tour Guide, Real Estate Major & UConn Trivia King
Apply to Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
Cassie Cicalis (Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies,'20)
“My internship experience at Barings far exceeded my expectations. I appreciated how open and available people were to discuss their roles, real estate trends, and offer industry advice. I gained valuable exposure that I am sure will help me wherever I land after graduation."