Getting Ready to Graduate
Ready to Graduate? Graduation is not automatic; students who are candidates for graduation must apply to graduate and submit their final plans of study through the Student Administration System. Plans of study are then routed to a student's Faculty Advisor, the Office of Undergraduate Advising, and the Degree Auditors in the Office of the Registrar to determine if will degree requirements will be satisfied by the end of the semester you've indicated in your application for graduation.
You can apply to graduate the semester prior to your last term, once registration opens for the following term. While the deadline to submit your final plan of study is the end of the fourth week, it is highly recommended that you apply to graduate and submit your final plan of study before the end of the second week of your final semester so that you can still make adjustments to your schedule if your plan of study is denied.
- Catalog Year will always read “Not Satisfied.” This is OK.
- Every other box should be collapsed, indicating you have fulfilled the requirement.
- If one or more boxes are not collapsed because you are expecting a substitution, please wait until your substitution request has been processed before submitting your plan of study and/or applying to graduate. Once your substitution request is processed and approved, the requirement will collapse within your academic requirements report.
- Adjust your schedule if you still have requirements to be met. If you plan on taking courses in a future term to complete requirements, then you will need to adjust your graduation date accordingly.
- If a requirement is not marked as satisfied but you believe you have completed it, follow up with a Professional Staff Advisor ASAP (contact information here).
- Confirm all intended majors/minors/concentrations are listed and accurate:
- Make sure your Business major and concentration (if applicable) is accurate (declare or request a change here).
- Make sure your Business minor is declared (if applicable).
- Make sure any non-business minors are declared (if applicable).
- To cancel a minor you do not intend on completing, see “Minor Cancellation” form on Registrar’s website.
- To cancel a dual degree you do not intend on completing, see “Cancellation of Additional Degree” form on Registrar’s website.
- You are able to apply as early as when registration for your last semester opens up, which is strongly recommended. Applying the semester prior to your intended graduation term will allow for a review of your degree requirements early, leaving you time to adjust your final schedule if your plan of study is denied.
- Applying by the fourth week of your graduation term ensures you will be included in Commencement communications.
- While the deadline to submit your final plan of study is the end of the fourth week, it is highly recommended that you apply to graduate and submit your final plan of study before the end of the second week of your final semester so that you can still make adjustments to your schedule if your plan of study is denied.
- If you have a declared minor, submitting your plan of study will automatically submit your minor plan of study for approval as well.
- Traditionally there is only one ceremony in May for all students who graduate in the prior fall, winter, and spring terms, and upcoming summer term.
- Review the information on the Registrar's Steps to a Successful Graduation webpage and ensure you have completed all of the necessary tasks.
- Also review the School of Business Commencement page for information specific to Business students.