The Business Administration major is intended to prepare business leaders who are effective general managers with expertise in managerial communications, finance, management and marketing. An advantage of Business Administration is that it is not industry-specific. Students are equipped to be leaders in Finance, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, and more. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) forecasts 151,100 new general and operations managers from 2014 to 2024, with job opportunities varying depending on the particular industry. Students majoring in Business Administration are encouraged to consider applying to an Accelerated Business Masters Program.
The Business Administration major is available to students at the Waterbury Campus.
- Managerial and Interpersonal Behavior
- Introduction to Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Business Information Systems
- Get involved in Student Organizations like Waterbury Business Society
- Earn your Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- Complete an internship and gain hands-on experience in a Business field
- Learn more about the School of Business Experience to see even more opportunities
Business Administration is for You
If you're interested in:
- Human Resources
- Communications or public relations
and you are looking for a flexible curriculum to earn an interdisciplinary business degree.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
Apply to Business Administration
Anna-Lena Wakefield (Business Administration '19)
“Business Administration equips me with the skills and knowledge needed to be a leader in finance, marketing, management, human resources, and many other related industries. The major is not industry-specific, and I love how I've gained knowledge in so many areas instead of gaining a whole lot of knowledge in just one.”