School of Business New Student Orientation
The School of Business Orientation program is a dynamic, in depth introduction to what it means to be a student in UConn’s School of Business. A student will leave orientation knowing the nuts and bolts of the academic requirements, the importance of experiential involvement and the opportunities that exist for each student, and most importantly, students will be excited and motivated to create a unique, individual experience which will lead to a successful career in Business!
While at Orientation, your Advisor will ask you to complete this online form:
Information provided to student may include any of the following:
- General Education Requirements – page one of each Plan of Study
- Business Major Requirements – page two of each Plan of Study
- School of Business Orientation Advising Record– used with your Advisor to plan for registration
- AP equivalences, credit standing, GPA information – throughout the Undergraduate Catalog
- Suggested To Do Listregarding transferring in credits before starting in the Fall
- Registration FAQ
- A guideto first semester schedule options
- Course planning worksheet
Undergraduate Catalog • The Catalog is published annually by the Office of the Registrar. It contains the requirements for courses and academic programs. Students who enroll for this Catalog year must complete the graduation requirements specified in this document.
Academic Calendar • Published each term, the Academic Calendar will give importunate deadlines, holiday observances, break schedules, etc.
Regional Campus Orientation
If you attended a new or transfer student orientation on one of the regional campuses, you are required to view the post-orientation modules and complete a short assessment.