The Waterbury Experience
Your best is about to get even better. At UConn Waterbury, you’ll get all the benefits of a prestigious public research university in a small college setting. For more than 70 years, UConn Waterbury has opened the doors to educational access and excellence for thousands of Connecticut residents. Today, the campus is located in a leading-edge facility in the heart of Waterbury’s revitalized downtown. Learn More.
Work towards achieving academic excellence by utilizing the many resources available on your campus. Every UConn location offers tutoring centers, academic workshops, and health and wellness support.
Engaging in experiential learning by participating in a corporate-sponsored case competition, leading a student organization, studying abroad, or securing an internship provides students with invaluable skills and knowledge. It takes the information and concepts students may learn in a lecture and makes it all "real," allowing students to apply their knowledge to hands-on experiences.
- This calendar has no events scheduled at this time.
- UConn Waterbury Student Involvement
- School of Business Experiential Certificate Programs
- Join LAUNCH Today! Make sure you're making the most of your time at UConn and developing your résumé by signing up for LAUNCH. All majors welcome!
Bloomberg at UConn
UConn Business students have access to Bloomberg Terminals, which are advanced computer systems with integrated financial software.
Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is an 8-hour, self-paced e-learning course that provides an interactive introduction to the financial markets. Completion of the Bloomberg Market Concepts course and having relevant, practical knowledge is important to land key internships in the financial world.
Your college experience is a great time to be intentional at learning from and building relationships with individuals who do not share your world view. Whether you study abroad, join a student group, take a class, or make a friend, do not miss out on the opportunities in front of you to explore diversity.
Expanding Your Horizons
- Attend the Waterbury live-stream of the Global Business Leadership Seminar Series (GBLSS) and earn a Professional Development Certificate
- Plan to study abroad - regional campus students are awarded automatic Regional Campus Incentive Scholarships for studying abroad
- Complete an experiential certificate through the School of Business
- Join a cultural club, like World Club, or volunteer in the community
Developing professionalism in your early years of college allows you to successfully navigate new experiences and new connections with ease. Develop and practice techniques to present yourself professionally in all aspects - email etiquette, social media presence, handshakes, and more!
Resources for Professional Development
Upcoming Career Events
Converting Your CV To A Résumé
CPT & Pre-Completion OPT Workshop
Husky to Hire: The Cover Letter (Pre-Recorded)
Husky To Hire: The Job Search
Cover Letters | Ask Me Anything For International Students
Husky to Hire: The Interview (Pre-Recorded)
Optional Practical Training (OPT) Workshop
CCEI Timely Topics - How To “Rune” Your Life & Business: A Magical Approach To Entrepreneurship