Transferring to a new institution is a unique experience for each student. As a new transfer student admitted to the School of Business, here are some important policies to consider with your Advisor.
Credits Required to Complete a Degree in Business
The degree in business requires a minimum of 120 credits. The typical business student takes 45 credits of general education credits, 45-50 credits of Business credits, and the remainder (25-30) credits are electives. Of the 120 credits needed to graduate, 60 must be non-business credits.
Business General Education Courses, Business Critical Courses, University General Education Courses all work towards fulfilling the 60 non-business courses that are required. The remaining non-business courses will be fulfilled by electives. You can see these categories on the Plans of Study for each major.
- taking non-required courses to improve specific skills or competencies
- taking language courses
- completing a minor
- studying abroad
- completing a dual degree (150+ credits required to graduate)
- any transfer credits that don’t fulfill specific requirements
- Many times business courses will transfer to UConn as BA 91000.
- These courses will count as business electives, and count towards your 120 credits needed to graduate.
- This is generally reliant on the course content, instruction method, and whether or not the institution shares similar accreditation (AACSB).
- See our transfer course evaluation procedures to see if your course is eligible for further evaluation.