Business Minor Policies and Declaration
- Students may earn only one minor that includes coursework in a business discipline at the 3000 or 4000-level (coursework in a business discipline is defined as any course offered using subject code ACCT, BADM, BUSN, BLAW, FNCE, HCMI, MEM, MENT/MGMT, MKTG, or OPIM). A student may earn a second minor offered by the School of Business only if it does not include School of Business coursework at the 3000 or 4000-level. Thus, an additional minor may be earned if it is offered jointly by the School of Business and another School or College, and all coursework used to satisfy that second minor is from non-Business coursework. View the University Catalog for additional details and limitations.
- The Personal Brand Entrepreneurship minor can be earned in combination with any other School of Business minor(s) because it does not require any coursework at the 3000 or 4000-level.
- Non-Business majors may attempt no more than 18 credits (approximately 6 courses) of 3000/4000-level coursework offered by the School of Business, which includes work transferred in as equivalent to courses offered by the School of Business. View the University Catalog for additional details.
- Students may use the online permission number request form when unable to self-enroll in a course used for the minor, noting all pre-requisites must be met to be granted permission to take a course
- Unless a higher standard is noted in the description of a specific minor program, completion of a minor requires that a student earn a “C” (2.0) grade or better in each of the required courses for that minor.
- Completion of the Analytics minor requires that a student earn a “C+” (2.3) grade or better in each of the required courses.
- Completion of the Software Design minor requires that a student earn a “C+” (2.3) grade or better in each of the required courses.
- Completion of the Supply Chain minor requires that a student earn a “C+” (2.3) grade or better in each of the required courses.
- Access to courses is on a space-available basis, and the School of Business is unable to guarantee completion of a minor, noting most minors take at least four terms to complete after pre-requisite courses are fulfilled
- Please see minor details regarding restrictions for certain majors
- Request that your minor be removed from your record by completing the minor cancellation form and submitting it to the Registrar's Office (email@example.com). Please do not submit the cancellation form to the School of Business.
- If you wish to declare a different business minor, wait until the first minor is removed from your program/plan in Student Admin and then submit the minor declaration form below.
|Minors||When Can I Declare?|
|Open to Any Major|
|Accounting||After completion of 40 credits and ACCT 2001 with a 'C' or higher|
|Analytics||After completion of 54 credits|
|Digital Marketing & Analytics||After completion of 54 credits, all Business critical courses*, and MKTG 3101/BADM 3750** with a 'C' or higher|
|Entrepreneurship||After completion of 54 credits|
|Entrepreneurship and Technology Innovation||After completion of 54 credits|
|Financial Analysis||After completion of 40 credits, and ACCT 2001 and ACCT/BADM 2101 (formerly BADM 2710)|
|Healthcare Management & Insurance Studies||After completion of 40 credits with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher, or completion of 54 credits (no minimum cumulative GPA requirement).|
|Personal Brand Entrepreneurship||Any time|
|Professional Sales Leadership||After completion of 54 credits, all Business critical courses*, and MKTG 3101/BADM 3750**|
|Real Estate||After completion of 54 credits|
|Social Responsibility and Impact in Business||Any time|
|Software Design||After completion of 54 credits|
|Supply Chain||After completion of 54 credits|
|Open to Non-Business Majors Only|
|Business Fundamentals||After completion of 54 credits and ACCT 2001 with a 'C' or higher|
|Engineering Management||After completion of 54 credits|
|Open to Business Majors Only|
|Management||After completion of 54 credits and MGMT 3101/BADM 3740 with a 'C' or higher|
Important Notes Regarding Minor Declaration
Use the form below to declare a School of Business minor only once you have completed the pre-requisites to declare a minor (in-progress courses or courses not yet showing on your UConn transcript do not count). Once submitted, please allow approximately 2-4 weeks for processing. You will know it has been processed when you receive a confirmation email and see the minor appearing in your Academic Requirements Report in Student Admin.
When you are ready to graduate, you will need to submit plans of study for both your major and your minor (how to submit your electronic Plan of Study. You can only do this after you have applied to graduate). Note that final approval is completed by Degree Audit at the Registrar’s Office before graduation.
Important Note for International Students: If you are currently an international student (F-1), you must notify ISSS and obtain a new Form I-20 once your minor declaration is approved. Please visit the ISSS website for more information.