- Students may earn only one minor offered by the School of Business
- Non-Business majors may attempt no more than 24 credits (approximately 8 courses) of 3000/4000-level coursework offered by the School of Business, which includes work transferred in as equivalent to courses offered by the School of Business
- Students may use the online permission number request form when unable to self-enroll in a course used for the minor, noting all pre-requisites must be met to be granted permission to take a course
- Unless a higher standard is noted in the description of a specific minor program, completion of a minor requires that a student earn a “C” (2.0) grade or better in each of the required courses for that minor.
- Completion of the Analytics minor requires that a student earn a “C+” (2.3) grade or better in each of the required courses.
- Access to courses is on a space-available basis, and the School of Business is unable to guarantee completion of a minor, noting most minors take at least four terms to complete after pre-requisite courses are fulfilled
- Please see minor details regarding restrictions for certain majors
|Minors||When Can I Declare?|
|Open to Any Major|
|Accounting||After completion of 54 credits, ACCT 2001, and ACCT 2101.|
|Analytics||After completion of 54 credits|
|Digital Marketing & Analytics||After completion of 54 credits, all Business critical courses*, and MKTG 3101/BADM 3750**|
|Entrepreneurship and Technology Innovation||After completion of 54 credits|
|Professional Sales Leadership||After completion of 54 credits, all Business critical courses*, and MKTG 3101/BADM 3750**|
|Real Estate||After completion of 54 credits|
|Open to Non-Business Majors Only|
|Business Fundamentals||After completion of 54 credits and ACCT 2001|
|Engineering Management (Business)||After completion of 54 credits and MEM 2221/BADM 3761|
|Entrepreneurship||After completion of 54 credits|
|Healthcare Management & Insurance Studies||After completion of 54 credits|
|Open to Business Majors Only|
|Management||After completion of 54 credits and MGMT 3101/BADM 3740 completed or in progress|
*The seven Business critical courses are:
- ACCT 2001
- ECON 1201 and ECON 1202 (or ECON 1200)
- ENGL 1010, ENGL 1011, or ENGL 2011 (or approved waiver for transfer students)
- MATH 1070Q and MATH 1071Q/1131Q (or alternate approved sequence)
- STAT 1000Q or STAT 1100Q (or a STAT 91100 Q-level course)
**In order to enroll in BADM 3750, students must earn a C+ or better in each of the Business critical courses.
Important Notes Regarding Minor Declaration
Use the form below to declare a School of Business minor only once you have completed (in-progress courses or courses not yet showing on your UConn transcript do not count) the pre-requisites to declare a minor. Once submitted, please allow approximately 2-4 weeks for processing. You will know it has been processed when you receive a confirmation email and see the minor listed under your programs on StudentAdmin.
Once your minor is processed, it will appear in your Academic Advisement Report. When you are ready to graduate, you will need to submit plans of study for both your major and your minor (how to submit your electronic Plan of Study. You can only do this after you have applied to graduate). Note that final approval is completed by degree audit at the Registrar’s Office before graduation.