HealthCare Management Society
The HealthCare Management Society at UConn is a student-run organization that unites undergraduates in the HealthCare Management major or those who have interest in the healthcare industry. Members further their healthcare knowledge by listening to speakers, attending networking events, and participating in discussions about current events.
- In General Meetings, members actively participate in discussions about career paths in the healthcare industry and learn about current events and challenges in the field.
- Learn from Healthcare industry professionals about their own unique perspective on the healthcare ecosystem and what strategies they use to face ongoing challenges in the field.
- Guest Speaker Events allow members to network with industry professionals and network with recruiters in companies such as: Cigna, Aetna, Willis Towers Watson, Berkley Research Group, Yale New Haven Health, and Hartford Hospital.
- Workshops allow students to learn, develop, and perfect their professional development skills including but not limited to: resume building, The World of LinkedIn, Interview prep, Career Exploration, and even Self-Branding.
- In a case competition, participants strive to develop a business strategy and recommendation in an allocated time frame. This is typically done with teams of two or more individuals where key problems and objectives are identified.
- Our team has been hard at work developing a one-of-a-kind virtual case competition for Fall 2020. Undergraduates across the state will collaborate and work towards a solution for an existing crisis in the healthcare industry.
- The American College of Healthcare Executives in a professional society for healthcare leaders committed to improving health. The UConn HealthCare Management Society has a close bond with this group at the state and national levels. Guest speakers from the ACHE frequent our meetings and provide insight regarding navigating this dynamic industry.
- UCONN Students are invited to become a student member of the Connecticut Association of Healthcare Executives (CTAHE). To learn more, please visit their website.
Meetings: Semester Calendar
Want to become a member? Join us on UConntact or send us an email.
- Include your name, major, and class year in the body of your email and we'll instantly add you to our roster.
Dues: We believe in the dissemination of knowledge to any and every interested individual, and thus, do not charge dues.
- The American College of Healthcare Executives is a professional society for healthcare leaders committed to improving health. The UConn Healthcare Management Society has a close bond with this group at the state and national levels. Guest speakers from the ACHE frequent our meetings and provide insights regarding navigating our dynamic industry. More information about how to join can be found on their website: ache.org.