The Avery Point Experience
At UConn Avery Point, you’ll get all the benefits of a prestigious public research university in a small college setting. Established in 1967 on Long Island Sound at the mouth of the Thames River, UConn Avery Point inspires students with specialized programs that take advantage of our waterfront location and delivers an exceptional education in more traditional areas of study. Learn More.
Work towards achieving academic excellence by utilizing the many resources available on your campus. Every UConn location offers tutoring centers, academic workshops, and health and wellness support.
Engaging in experiential learning by participating in a corporate-sponsored case competition, leading a student organization, studying abroad, or securing an internship provides students with invaluable skills and knowledge. It takes the information and concepts students may learn in a lecture and makes it all "real," allowing students to apply their knowledge to hands-on experiences.
- Avery Point Student Involvement
- School of Business Experiential Certificate Programs
- Join LAUNCH Today! Make sure you're making the most of your time at UConn and developing your résumé by signing up for LAUNCH. All majors welcome!
Bloomberg at UConn
UConn Business students have access to Bloomberg Terminals, which are advanced computer systems with integrated financial software.
Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is an 8-hour, self-paced e-learning course that provides an interactive introduction to the financial markets. Completion of the Bloomberg Market Concepts course and having relevant, practical knowledge is important to land key internships in the financial world.
Your college experience is a great time to be intentional at learning from and building relationships with individuals who do not share your world view. Whether you study abroad, join a student group, take a class, or make a friend, do not miss out on the opportunities in front of you to explore diversity.
Expanding Your Horizons
- Attend the Global Business Leadership Seminar Series (GBLSS) or the live-streams on the Hartford, Waterbury, or Stamford campuses, and earn a Professional Development Certificate
- Plan to study abroad - regional campus students are awarded automatic Regional Campus Incentive Scholarships for studying abroad
- Complete an experiential certificate through the School of Business
- Join a cultural club, like World Club, or volunteer in the community
- Visit the Avery Point Global Cafe
Upcoming Diversity Events
- This calendar has no events scheduled at this time.
Developing professionalism in your early years of college allows you to successfully navigate new experiences and new connections with ease. Develop and practice techniques to present yourself professionally in all aspects - email etiquette, social media presence, handshakes, and more!
Resources for Professional Development
- School of Business Career Development Office (UCDO)
- Follow UCDO on social media for events, career fairs, and employment opportunities! @UCONNBIZCAREER
- Avery Point Center for Career Development
Upcoming Career Events
CV To Résumé Conversion - Graduate Students & Postdocs
CLAS Master Class - Building A Positive Alliance
Resume Lab-Business Career Development Office
Getting Started In Undergraduate Research
Internship Or Co-op Search
School Of Fine Arts Career Panel: Digital Media & Design
Virtual Career Tuesday-Lockheed Martin
Internship Or Co-Op Search