Summer Business Fundamentals Program in Analytics
Dates for Summer 2022 are TBD. Check out our program from Summer 2021 to learn more!
Use Your Summer Strategically
Analytics is the language of today in all industries. The Business Summer Analytics Program offers a foundation in one of the skillsets highest in demand by employers in all industries. During the intensive seven-week program we will help you customize the experience at the level you want to grow. You only need to be curious, willing to learn and committed. You do not need prior experience to be successful in this program. Through the classroom and our virtual learning lab, our team will help to expand your ability to use analytics.
You will use receive training in career development, software, and earn credits by instructors from one of the top AACSB-accredited public business schools in New England.
2021 Program Dates: May 17, 2021 - July 1, 2021
Sign up today as space is limited!*
*Should student interest exceed program capacity, individuals may be evaluated based upon academics, progress toward graduation, and registration date.
- Learn problem solving ideas that will draw the attention of future employers and how to create dashboard that solve business problems for any industry
- Finesse working in teams through a friendly program long competition
- Receive coaching from graduate students in UConn's Masters of Science in Business Analytics and Project Management (MSBAPM)
- Grow from engagement with other like-minded students
- Engage in a seven-week career seminar designed to help you build a résumé and transform the way you think about your career path
- Builds you skills by learning how to use software and tech tools: Oracle SQL; database design; reporting; Tableau; data visualization; classification; regression; text mining; basic Python and machine learning frameworks
- Participate in virtual learning experiences with other students in partnership with OPIM Innovate
- Earn either 7 or 10 academic credits on your UConn transcript and a program you can list on your résumé
For UConn Students interested in the Analytics minor, complete three of the four required courses for it.
|Course #||Course Name||Credits||Instructor||Days/Times|
|OPIM 3221||Business Database Systems||3||Anna Radziwillowicz||Virtual, Asynchronous|
|OPIM 3802 (Prerequisite: STAT 1000Q, 1100Q, or equivalent)||Data and Text Mining||3||David Wanik||Virtual, Asynchronous|
|OPIM 3804 (OPIM 3103 pre-requisite waived)||Data Visualization||3||Craig Calvert||Virtual, Asynchronous|
|BADM 4895||Special Topics: Career Development||1||Kelly Kennedy||Virtual, Distance Learning
- Thursday, May 20, 9:30-11:30 am
- Thursday, June 10, 9:30-11:30 am
- Thursday, June 24, 9:30-11:30 am
- Thursday July 1, 9:30-11:30 am: Group Presentations
All UConn students who participate in the Analytics Summer Program may pursue a Minor in Analytics that would show on your UConn transcript by taking one additional OPIM business course that completes the minor. Interested students who are eligible for the Analytics minor will be notified before the Summer Program registration deadline if the School of Business can offer a guarantee of the minor completion to them in Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
Non-UConn (non-degree) students who participate in the Analytics Summer Program, upon completion of the required courses, may request a transcript indicating completion of the Business coursework.
Registration and Fees
Students will be automatically registered in the courses for this program once approved for participation.
The total cost of attending a Summer Session (including May Term) includes both course (per-credit) fees and other mandatory fees, including the non-refundable enrollment fee. Information about the cost for the classes is found on Summer Programs website. Federal Financial Aid is available.
|Total Approximated Cost For UConn Students:||$6,165*|
|Total Approximated Cost for Non-Degree Students:||$6,185*|
*For the most up to date information on the cost, please visit the Summer Programs website. Questions about fees should be directed to the Office of Summer and Winter Programs.
Current UConn Students
Current UConn Students will be automatically registered in these courses once approved for participation in the program. The School of Business will work with your current school or college to obtain excess credit authorization to register for the 10 credits included in this program. Once approvals are in place, we will contact you again through your UConn email to confirm your interest before registering you into program. The $45* (UConn) registration fee is non-refundable.
Non-UConn (non-degree) students are welcomed to participate in this program. Non-Degree Students must submit both the Registration Form to the School of Business and Apply to UConn as a non-degree student. Once the approvals are in place, the School of Business will check in with you again through your provided email to confirm your interest before registering you into the summer program. The $65* (Non-UConn) registration fee is non-refundable. Additional information on taking classes non-degree at UConn is found at the Non-Degree Student Website.