2017 Undergraduate Business Commencement Ceremony
Harry A. Gampel Pavilion
Sunday, May 7, 2017, 9:00am
Guests Admitted: 8:00am
Procession Begins: 8:45am
Ceremony Begins: 9:00am
Reception Begins: 10:30am
TICKETS • view more details
Students may pick up tickets when they pick up their cap and gown at the UConn Bookstore on the Storrs Campus. Each graduate will receive up to 10 tickets. Children 4 years and older will require a guest ticket for entry to the ceremony.
Graduates, their families and guests are invited to attend our annual reception immediately following the ceremony. The reception will be held outside on the Student Union Terrace (rain location Student Union 304), across the street from Gampel Pavilion and next to the School of Business building.
PHOTOGRAPHY • view more details
A professional photographer will be at the ceremony taking photographs of candidates before, during and after they receive their diploma covers (diplomas will be mailed by the Registrar’s Office a few months after commencement). Graduates will receive proofs following Commencement and may, if they choose, order prints.
Members of the audience may take photographs from their seats. No tripods will be allowed in Gampel Pavilion. Members of the audience using hand-held cameras may take photographs during the ceremony except from the processional paths and the presentation areas. In order to accommodate everyone, individuals are requested to move to those areas for only a short interval and then return to their seats. Guests will not be permitted on the pavilion floor or in the areas designated for graduating students.
TRAFFIC • view more details
Traffic may be heavy coming into Storrs and some traffic areas will be restricted on campus on Commencement day. Please allow extra travel time to arrive on campus, park, and be seated in Gampel Pavilion. There will be a total of five different Commencement ceremonies throughout the day on Sunday, May 7th, which will result in significant traffic flow challenges.
The most convenient parking will be available at no cost in the North and South Parking Garages on Commencement Day (South Garage is immediately across from Gampel). Handicapped parking will be available for vehicles with official permits from a state Department of Motor Vehicles on the ground level of the North and South Parking Garages. People needing special accommodations may be dropped off near Gampel Pavilion. All entrances to Gampel Pavilion are wheelchair accessible.
GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES • view more details
The following accommodations will be available:
- Handicapped parking will be available for vehicles with official handicapped permits from a state Department of Motor Vehicles; the ground level of the North and South Parking Garages has handicapped parking spots, closest available area for handicapped parking is on the ground level of the South Garage off Stadium Road
- People needing special accommodations may be dropped off near Gampel Pavilion; all entrances to Gampel Pavilion are accessible for individuals who use wheelchairs
- Special seating area for individuals who use wheelchairs (ushers will direct you; these are available on a first-come-first-served basis)
- A sign-language interpreter and special seating for people with hearing disabilities (ushers will direct you)
- Assistive listening system
- Modified bathroom facilities
The University Commencement website at http://commencement.uconn.edu/may/index.html has a wealth of information, including Frequently Asked Questions, for your convenience.
On behalf of the faculty and staff we hope that you, your family, and your guests have an enjoyable day on campus as you celebrate the academic achievements of your graduates.